Check out the FAQs to learn more about our no-cosigner student loans.  |  Click here to earn a $200 Amazon gift card for referring a friend to Funding U!

1098 - Tax Reporting for my loan

Scratch - your loan servicer - issues 1098 forms to all Funding U borrowers, regardless of what amount of interest you paid last year. 1098 forms typically arrive in the mail between late January and early February. 

NOTE: Per IRS requirements, Lenders/Servicers are only required to send you 1098 if your total interest paid exceeds $600 in a calendar year. If you have other private lenders they may not issue a 1098 but you can still deduct all student interest paid on your personal taxes. Please consult a tax professional for more information.

Return to FAQ