Director of Marketing Operations
Full-Time / Atlanta, GA or Austin, TX or Remote
Funding U strives to be the home for students and parents trying to make outcome-driven decisions about how to pay for college. We believe that high-achieving college students – regardless of family income - deserve the resources and information needed to become educated, employed, financially-stable adults. Funding U launched its no co-signer loan to cover ‘last gap’ college costs in Georgia in 2016, expanded nationally in 2018, and the company now offers loans to residents of 30 States. Funding U is based in Atlanta, GA with team members working in multiple states.
The Director of Marketing Operations (DMOps) will be responsible for the execution of all marketing objectives for the company. The DMOps will implement a unified marketing strategy focused on digital initiatives, lead generation and managing referral partnerships.
The ideal candidate will be a strong executor, a strategic thinker and a self-starter who is ready to jump in and grow an early-stage company. The DMOps must be both analytical and creative, ideally possessing knowledge and experience in a variety of disciplines. This person will work with Senior Management to plan, direct, and coordinate marketing strategy and budgets in accordance with organizational goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:.
- Executes the Company’s comprehensive marketing plans and programs, both short- and long-term, to support sales and revenue objectives of organization.
- Manage and optimize paid marketing campaigns (paid search, display, social media) and work with external vendors to maximize ROI.
- Evaluates and establishes referral channel opportunities and manages relationships with existing partners.
- Provides insight and input into product positioning, design, and pricing strategy to enable long-term market share.
- With Senior Management, establishes strategic marketing plans to achieve corporate objectives for products and services.
- Builds marketing dashboards and analytics designed to assess performance and identify areas of opportunity.
- Monitors competitive products and marketing activities.
- Conducts marketing surveys on current and new product concepts and provides feedback for future product development.
- Establishes a consistent brand throughout all product lines, promotional materials, and events.
- Manages marketing to include managing freelancers, editing, writing articles and managing WordPress.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; builds dashboards and analyzes ROI and conversion metrics.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem-solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; creates content and builds strategy around marketing positioning; interprets and presents analytics in clear and concise manner.
- Cost Consciousness - Optimizes cost of acquisition; develops and implements high-margin growth strategies; monitors spend and adjusts as necessary.
- Strategic Thinking – Creates strategies to achieve organizational growth; understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; analyzes market and competition; identifies external threats and opportunities; adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Flexibility - Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; undertakes self-development activities; seeks increased responsibilities; takes independent actions and calculated risks; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; asks for and offers help when needed.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; develops realistic action plans.
High-quality marketing expertise can come from a variety of backgrounds and experiences - the following is NOT a list of must-haves - very few candidates will check every box. The 'preferred qualifications' are simply meant to further communicate the type of role you will be stepping into - if you are a self-starter with a passion for marketing, please apply - we're sure you can learn the rest!
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing or related field
- 3+ years experience managing digital campaigns through Google AdWords, affiliate networks, email marketing, etc
- Analytical expertise in assessing campaign performance, A/B testing, cost of acquisition and conversion metrics
- Experience in developing (or managing agencies in) various forms of marketing content (e.g. blogs, positioning papers, e-mail marketing, website) and SEO optimization
- Ability to develop/maintain affiliate partner relationships and grow high-quality referral traffic
- Experience with the following (or related) tools/platforms: Google AdWords, MailChimp, Google Analytics, Google Data Studio, Tableau, Various social media ad managers, WordPress, Streak CRM
Extra credit for:
- Financial services/Consumer lending experience
- Knowledge of Higher Education lending space
- Prior experience working with financial affiliate partners (e.g. Nerdwallet, LendingTree)
Funding U is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law. Consistent with obligations under federal law, every company that is a federal contractor or subcontractor is committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance women, minorities, disabled veterans, special disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam era, and other eligible veterans